AL-KO AKS 3004 Stabiliser Coupling Guide
Stabiliser coupling with 4 friction pads: For greater stability and handling
The new AKS™ 3004 featuring outstanding design and improved ergonomics noticeably suppresses snaking and pitching movements, for a safe and relaxed journey. The unique stabiliser coupling with 4 friction pads is suitable for use with trailers up with a total weight of up to 3,000 kg.
- Multiple test winner
- 4 friction pads working against snaking and pitching
- Increases the critical vehicle speed (observe the legal speed limit)
- The caravan can be stabilised more quickly in an emergency situation
- Bracket for AL-KO Safety anti-theft protection
- Complies with ISO 11555-1 (100 km/h permit possible)
- Safety indicator shows whether the AKS™ is correctly seated on the ball
- No complicated additional securing devices
How it works
- Activating the stabilisation handle presses two friction pads against the towball of the car, from the left and right
- The coupling and stabilisation handles are separate from one another, and each can be operated with one hand
- Constant monitoring of the friction pads and coupling mechanism by wear control indicators
- Easy-to-replace friction pads
- Integrated bracket for AL-KO Security Devices
- Integrated Soft-Dock
There is paint in the friction linings of my AKS™ 3004. Where does this come from?
In some vehicles the towbar is coated with protective paint when new. Please remove the protective paint from the towball (e.g. emery cloth + brake cleaner) before attaching the AKS™ for the first time.
Can I clean the friction linings if they are accidentally soiled with grease or paint?
No. The friction linings are made of a special material that cannot be cleaned. In this case replace the linings.
My AKS™ 3004 squeaks and creaks. Is it faulty? Can I do anything about it?
The AKS™ 3004 is not faulty and can still be used without problem. To reduce the noise, please contact a AL-KO dealer who will gladly help you.
How to monitor wear of side friction pads
How to change side friction pads
Information from alko-tech.com
While we have made every attempt to ensure that the information on these pages has been obtained from reliable sources, Adventure Leisure Vehicles Ltd is not responsible for any errors or omissions, or for the results obtained from the use of this information. All information on this page is provided “as is”, with no guarantee of completeness, accuracy, timeliness or of the results obtained from the use of this information, and without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including, but not limited to warranties of performance and fitness for a particular purpose. In no event will Adventure Leisure Vehicles Ltd including employees be liable to you or anyone else for the decision made or action taken in reliance on the information on these pages or for any consequential, special or similar damages.